Skip to main content

And Yet....

So. Once again I have failed to update this blog-esque thing in quite some time. Approximately 7 months I think. So now I will update you, and you will be very improved.
If I recall, I had last talked about how disappointed I had been with my college experience, and that still holds true. Mostly because it was true. The other thing I may or may not have mentioned was that I had gone to Germany, which is also probably true. One thing I may not have mentioned however, is that instead of going to school this winter, I decided instead to stay here, in Steamboat, and work and ski all winter, which I feel has been awesome. Sure I didn't get almost a full month off for Christmas break, but that's ok because I was getting paid and skiing all day at work anyway. Yes. I work on the mountain and I ski every day I work. So I ski at least four days a week every week regardless of weather.
BUT. Before winter happened, there was summer and also fall, and during those two months i did some bicycle riding. Too much, in fact, for me, and I burned out really really hard. Since I had never fully recovered from the previous summer's biking burnout, this one was especially savage, making me very sad and quite sedentary for a long while. Although I did enjoy a few races later in the season, I got really tired of training on the same god damn road every single freaking day, so I stopped. I also cracked some ribs, which aided in my stopping. After they healed, however i didn't get back on the bike. Instead, I called up some friends and we would go adventuring! This here is a picture of some of the adventuring that we would do. It was a good change of pace. then winter came, and with it, lots of snow. Which was good. Also, most of my friends became super busy because also with winter was school, which I was not doing. So i became bored. But I bought new skis and they're good, and I worked and met some cool new people, so that was also good. But that's all that's really happened, and this post is really boring to read and not very well written, I've decided after reading it back to myself. So I'll stop writing it.

Lat5,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Deets: Part 3; Sedro-Woolley, WA to Marblemount, WA (Day 3)

The morning of day 3 came just as the morning of day 2 had: the same feeling in my gut and the same reluctance to continue with the tour. One plus, though, was that it was a pleasantly sunny morning, and at least we wouldn't have to ride in the rain again. At least, not all day. I had left my wet clothing out to dry overnight, and I found that it was still somewhat wet that morning. For breakfast, Michelle and I feasted on some of the leftover pizza from the night before. Now, I have a thing about eating solid food in the morning. For some reason if I try to choke down any non-liquids within an hour or so of waking up, I almost always end up feeling nauseous. It's weird and annoying, and it makes it so that the only things I can put down in the mornings are 1) Instant Breakfast, 2) Smoothies, 3) Soylent, and 4) Greasy Diner Food. It's a weird problem. It tastes kinda like gritty cake mix. I struggled through a piece of pizza anyway, somehow managing to not vomit all

The Deets: Part 7: Ellensburg, WA to Toppenish, WA (Day 9)

The next morning, Michelle and I spent almost all of our free time examining the map and trying to find a way south that didn't involve riding on the freeway. Our map wasn't very good, though, and so we eventually put our trust in Google and went to breakfast. It was a pretty tasty breakfast, mostly pastries and chocolate, and after that we fueled up at the Safeway or City Market or whatever before taking off down the road towards Oregon. The ride out of town was mild and easy, and the weather was sunny but not yet hot. The streets were effectively empty as well, and so the spin to the edge of Ellensburg and off into the wilds of Eastern Washington was a fairly easy one. One thing our map did have was an alt-route of sorts for highway 97: it was a twisty little piece of tarmac that wound its way through a canyon along a river. Everything we had learned about touring told us that that would be the best way to go, not only because it wasn't a freeway, but because it was a

The Deets: Part 4; Marblemount, WA to Mazama, WA (Day 4)

For the first time since the start of our tour, I woke up excited. Our room was friggen frigid since we left the window open all night, but that didn't stop me from getting up with the alarm. Usually, when an alarm goes off, I do my best to get up as late as possible, often hitting the snooze button more than once. But this time was different. The previous night, while in front of the TV, we had looked online at some of the places in Marblemount that claimed to serve breakfast. There was a diner-type place that opened at 7, which was good for me and my inability to eat solid and non-diner food in the morning, and there was the drive-through coffee place which opened at the same time. This was good for Michelle and her coffee addiction. Since we had set the alarm for 7 or 7:30 (I can't remember which), both places would be open so we could fuel up for what would certainly be the hardest day of the tour up to that point. We put on enough clothes to be warm in the cool, shady